The Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS)
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS AND CRITERIA FOR FM RESIDENCY:
- ERAS Common Application
- Dean’s Letter
- 3 letters of recommendation (preferably with 1 letter being from a Family Physician)
- Passing scores on USMLE Step 1, Step 2 Clinical Knowledge (CK), and Step 2 Clinical Skills (CS) must be achieved by the second attempt. In order to be eligible for ranking, the applicant's Step 2 CK score must be received by the program before the NRMP rank list deadline. Receipt of a passing Step 2 CS score prior to the rank list deadline is preferred.
- Medical School graduation within the last five years or active in an accredited residency or medical practice within the last five years
- Our program does not sponser Visas
International Medical Graduates (IMGs) also need proof of:
- Valid ECFMG certification at time of application
- Permanent resident status or J1 Visa
- Clinical experience in the US (hands on experience preferred)
- Command of the English language
To be considered for the 2014 match, complete applications with all supporting documentation must be received by December 1, 2013.