The Mitchell Rehabilitation Hospital At Morton Plant North Bay
Specializing in neurological and orthopedic rehabilitation, Mitchell Rehabilitation Hospital at Morton Plant North Bay is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF). Our 20-bed unit is the only CARF-accredited facility in Pasco and Hernando counties. In addition, Morton Plant North Bay is certified by The Joint Commission as a Primary Stroke Center. These designations mean our rehabilitation care protocols, including those for stroke victims, are among the country's best.
To see how Mitchell Rehabilitation Hospital compares to the southeastern region and the nation as a whole, view our 2014 Report Card.
Rehabilitation nursing and intense therapies are the two key components of treatment at our center. We have found that this dual focus enables almost 80 percent of our patients to return home, educated and independent, as quickly as possible. Our patients receive:
- 24-hour, 7-day a week nursing care
- Visits by staff physicians, seven days a week
- Intensive therapy program of 3-5 hours a day, 5-6 days a week
Our highly efficient, interdisciplinary team includes:
- Physiatrists - doctors who specialize in rehabilitation medicine
- Occupational therapists
- Speech language pathologists
- Recreation therapists
- Physical therapists
- Respiratory therapists
- Social worker
Our inpatient services include:
- Medical Services: around-the-clock medical coverage; physiatrist-supervised care and therapy; coordination with medical specialists and patient’s personal physician.
- Psychology Services: individual, group, and family counseling sessions focused on self-esteem, personal relationships, and emotional well-being.
- Case Management: individualized assistance with social and economic issues resulting from a disability and access to area services.
- Food and Nutrition Services: registered dietitians use physicians’ diet prescriptions and patients’ own preferences to meet individual dietary needs.
- Interpreter Services: a language interpretation and translation company administers around-the-clock, over-the-phone interpretation in 150 languages.
For more information about our inpatient rehabilitation programs, services and admission criteria, please call 727-843-4586 or view our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs).
Mitchell Rehabilitation Hospital
Morton Plant North Bay
6600 Madison Street
New Port Richey, FL 34652
Maps & Directions