Awards & Recognition
Morton Plant Mease Health Care is proud of our many accomplishments. Take a look at what our physicians and team members recently achieved together:
- Morton Plant Mease’s sports medicine program for student athletes reached a milestone, screening 1,000 student athletes in Pinellas County with ImPACT, (Immediate Post-Concussion Assessment and Cognitive Testing) an objective measurement tool used for concussion screenings.
- Physicians and other health care practitioners from Morton Plant Mease conducted free skin cancer screenings in support of the 16th Annual Melanoma Monday, a nationwide campaign to raise awareness and encourage early detection of skin cancers.
- More than 2,000 community members attended "Fall Into Good Health," a free, family event featuring free health screenings at the Morton Plant Mease Outpatient Center in Trinity.
- A crowd of more than 3,000 people attended this year's Pitch for Pink, a Class A baseball game held at the Clearwater Threshers' Brighthouse Field. This seventh annual event, put on by the Morton Plant Mease Foundation, helped raise funds for breast cance awareness and treatment.
- To help increase access to walk-in urgent care in Pasco County, Morton Plant Mease opened a new immediate care center in June, offering pediatric and adult urgent medical care services for walk-in patients daily. The center is located at 4821 U.S. Highway 19.