How the Program Works
The goal of the International Center for Spine Surgery is to help alleviate your neck or back pain in a streamlined, convenient and safe manner, all while maintaining your comfort and health. We make minimally invasive spine surgery easy for you by helping you coordinate your tests, appointments and surgery. You can rest assured that our experienced, attentive care team will be right by your side during the entire treatment process.
Here is how it works:
- The first step is for you to call our spine nurse navigator. She will talk to you about your specific needs and help you determine if this program is right for you. Our goal is to schedule you for your surgery within two weeks of your first call. You can call our spine nurse navigator at (888) 487-9754.
- Once the date is set, you will be responsible for booking and paying for your airfare to and from Tampa International Airport or St. Petersburg/Clearwater Airport. After you share your travel information with our spine nurse navigator, she will arrange for your transportation to and from the airport, your accommodations, your necessary testing, your consultation with the spine surgeon and your surgery. We will give you a list of hotel or bed and breakfast options from which you can choose.
- If you arrive at the airport before 4:00pm, you will begin your testing that day. If not, your testing will begin the following morning. Your spine nurse navigator will walk you through each step of your evaluation. Your surgery may occur that same day or the following morning. Travel to the hospital from your hotel will also be arranged for you.
- Following your surgery, you may return to your hotel or stay at the hospital for recovery, depending on your preference. An evening and next-day check will be made by a member of our medical staff.
- Pending clearance by the surgeon, you should be ready to return home three days after your surgery.
To learn more about the International Center for Spine Surgery at Mease Dunedin Hospital, please call (888) 487-9754 or find answers to frequently asked questions. We proudly serve patients from the Greater Toronto area, including York, Durham, Peel and Halton.